Hello Everyone I hope your week is going fantastic!! So this week I wanted to do a little Interior Designer Feature and to shine some light on a fabulous local designer from Cambridge, ON- Jodi Ball from JODI BALL DESIGN. She truly is an inspiration and has the great gift and eye for design and decorating.
I first met Jodi when she was working as a Mortgage Agent for Dominion Lending Centers in an office I used to work at. When she started to work there she took over her space and did a total re decorating job on her in house office. She had painters come in and brought in all her own office furniture and accessories, it was definitely the best looking office in the building! From there on I had always heard that her house was absolutely stunning, but had never actually seen it and all the detailing she had put into it. Jodi then began to realize that she may have a designer eye and huge gift for this industry. She was even getting free samples in the mail of paint decks and materials. If this wasn’t a sign she should be designing I don’t know what is.
Others started to take notice of her amazing gift and she was featured in “Our Homes Magazine”. Jodi purchased an older century home with her husband DT Galt, and they revamped the entire home right down to the studs. Expanded the size and value of the home with an addition on the back side of the house. The colors she chose and exterior finishes are exquisite and very complimentary. As soon as you step foot on her front porch you can already tell that this house will be stunning. The gorgeous grand architectural features from large moldings, window casings and door trims.
The interior is truly decorated to a T, there isn’t one aspect that she has missed. Any decorative material/surface you can think of to add into a home she has included. From custom wall paneling, wainscoting, tray ceilings, Large Crown Moldings the list goes on. I am so excited to share with you her beautiful home designed by her. Of course the designer in her is now ready for a new project, and after all her hard work they have now decided that they want to sell and Renovate another home for her and her family. The home is listed with my brother in law Cliff Rego and his team, you can follow him on FB or twitter @cliffregoteam MLS®#: 1492402 for more details.
Here is her house tour 🙂 Enjoy!
I told you it was stunning 🙂 I hope you enjoyed this weeks blog posting.
Again such a great job by Jodi Ball Design, I wish her nothing but continued success with her business and new personal projects going forward.
ELLE CEE DESIGN
With open concept homes being so popular and in demand you tend to see less and less of dining rooms. However I do see the formal dining room coming back into floor plans and home designs. This week I was looking into dining rooms and the furniture that goes with it. These are some of my top inspiration looks that I loved.
1. Cofferred Ceilings is all I see in this space, I am still so in love with this design feature. What a difference it makes in a room. The Wainscoting is also very complimenting, it completes the materials and surfaces design aspect. As for décor, Window treatments frame the windows nicely. I love the symmetrical wooden framed art work. The soft blue paint on the walls compliment the wooden textures in this space very well.
2. MDF Paneling I did something similar to this in my design office at work, the substance it adds to the room is great. The deep blue is very on trend at the moment. I love the combination of the dark wall and the light wallpaper and chair upholstery. The contrast black console with metallic art and different shades of blue in accessories. The only thing I see wrong with this space is the area rug under the dining table it doesn’t seem to be the right size. When placing an area rug under a dining table you need to make sure you include some chair room. Measure the top of the table and add 24-30 inches to each side so you have room to easily pull out and push in a chair while sitting in it. It’s really a hassle if the dining room rug is not large enough and the back legs of your chair keep going over the edge of the rug.
3. Light and Airy, the built in woodworking, trim and moldings are stunning. I love how this designer kept everything very light when it came to the paint and the cabinetry. Even though this space has dated parquet flooring by lightening everything up it really compliments the floors well. Lighter flooring is definitely on trend as well and hey anything that will show less dust or pet hair I am all for! My Favorite part of this room is the vintage crystal chandelier, it compliments the rustic wooden table perfectly. This room is right in my element and my favorite look.
4. For a more contemporary look this room was great. Everything is very minimal, bright, light, sleek with straight lines. The perfectly placed framed art work covers the entire wall, which I liked a bit different then just placing a mirror or a large piece or framed art. I love the random pops of color in this space. The one red chair and the bright yellow console, its unexpected yet works. The inspirational piece being the multi color art on the fireplace mantel. I am not a fan of the one chair that is placed by the console table underneath the window. There is no purpose for it, I would’ve preferred to see a plant there or kept it bare.
I hope you enjoyed these dining room looks, they can so easily be re created with some creativity and imagination. Mixing of Materials and Surfaces with the simple Rules and Principles of Design.
Sofa Shopping Where to Start?
Happy Friday Everyone!! Shopping for a sofa can be such a bore, there are so many options that it can be difficult at times finding the perfect one for you. Its just such a statement piece that it needs to be comfortable but yet still stylish as it takes up so much real estate. How do you know what to choose? Right now, I’ve been eyeing a few gray tufted and upholstered sofas for myself. These were some of my inspirations.
Comfy, Casual and still stylish!
Contemporary Living Room by Melbourne Interior Designers & DecoratorsMassimo Interiors
Here are some great choices that you can find locally in K/W Area!
1. Balmoral Sofa
Found at CORNERSTONE on sale for $995.00
The huge pro about Cornerstone is that they accept custom orders. All you have to do is choose your style and fabric!
2. Clarendon Tufted Sofa – Moonrise Silver
Can be found at BOMBAY, On sale right now for $1199.00
3. Kennedy Sofa – Eclipse Grey. This one is a little more structured and lean.
Found At BOWRING for $795.00
4. Denham – Mercury Sofa
Found at ASHLEY FURNITURE
When shopping, you want to feel the fabric. Is it soft? Can it be cleaned easily? Does it go with the wall color? All of these are factors. Looking into these sofas, they are almost a can’t go wrong style. That’s what I love about gray, it has become a neutral and can almost go with anything, even brown! Grey will definitely be my choice for sofas!